Remember the kek lapis episode? Prune and horlicks? Now one would ask, what did you do with the rest of the egg whites ? Easy, just make biscotti! This recipe for biscotti uses only egg whites and quite a number of them! SO what better that these thinly sliced crunchy twice baked cookies filled with assorted nuts!
- 4 egg whites
- 100g sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 120g plain flour
- 30g rice flour
- 50g pistachio
- 100g walnuts
- 100g almonds
- 50g pumpkin seed
- Whip egg whites in (A) till soft peak, gradually add in sugar and salt and whisk till stiff peak.
- Fold in (B) into the meringue. Scatter (C) into the meringue mixture and mix till well incorporated.
- Pour into a greased and lined loaf tin (makes 2 loaves 17 x 8 x 6 cm)
- Bake at a 175 C preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let it cool then keep in the freezer over night
- Cut into thin slices (about 2mm thick) and bake again at 150C for 15 minutes or until crisp.
Easy isn’t it? Make sure u cut them thinly so it’s crispy!