Booo it’s Monday but that means it’s Ice Cream Day !!
So, no.2 Ice cream is Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia. B&J is like such a fun, colourful, happy ice cream thing. I was at Ben & Jerry’s in Vivocity Singapore last year and you can see they’re all bright and happy. Isn’t it just the place to be to cure any weekday blues ? hehehe.
I bought their Ice cream book a long long time ago, even way before I had an actual ice cream machine. I don’t know. I just can’t resist happy books like that. It’s small but it’s packed with lotsa ice cream information and bonus baking recipes !! yummy
1 cup milk
- Place the chocolate shavings and the cherries in separate bowls. Cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whish in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffen (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the chocolate and the cherries, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
* I used more chocolate shavings and cherries actually for the ice cream.
* The ice cream was lovely with all the chocolate crunchy bits and stuffs, but it melted reallllllyyyyyy quick. The first photo I took was fine and dandy, then during the 3rd click, I could already see little meltings of it already.
Yum… be sure to check back next Monday for another installation of Ice Cream!