Wowoow, Father’s Day is JUST this weekend and it’s the season for World Cup. It’s all about the men this month ey ? Well, because it’s Father’s Day and because gadgets and electronic or ‘manly’ items are kinda mediocre andd normal, I’ve decided to share an idea on how to make your own gift, a DIY / homemade gift!
The first thing that came to my mind, are roasted nuts. They are friendly and can be placed anywhere, in the office, in front of the TV ? It is also a healthier option compared to chips and crackers, don’t you think so ?
Also, since the World Cup airs in midnight here in Malaysia, these can be little snacks if anyone is hungry at 3am!! Better than a packet of instant noodle too! So I decided to mix 3 nuts, I wanted to mix almond, pecan and walnuts… I thought I had raw walnuts at home, but nope. I had peanuts. So oh well, let’s then make a small batch of this with all 3 nuts.
It’s quite easy and fast. All you do is mix the nuts with raw cane sugar and maple syrup, and some spice like ginger, cinnamon or nutmeg, or even a little cayenne if you want some heat. And in under 30 minutes, they are done!
- 1 cup raw peanut
- 1 cup raw almond
- 1 cup raw pecans
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 5 tbsp raw cane sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175C. Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly to get the nuts coated evenly. Spread the mixture evenly on a lined tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip the nuts, retossing them in the maple syrup mixture. Bake for another 5-10 munutes or until the sugar bubbles and starts to crisp up on the nuts.
- Remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack for about 2minutes, then break up / separate the nuts before they set completely.
- Once cooled, it will harden.
- Store in an airtight container and snack away!