Wowoow, Father’s Day is JUST this weekend and it’s the season for World Cup. It’s all about the men this month ey ? Well, because it’s Father’s Day and because gadgets and electronic or ‘manly’ items are kinda mediocre andd normal, I’ve decided to share an idea on how to make your own gift, a DIY / homemade gift!
The first thing that came to my mind, are roasted nuts. They are friendly and can be placed anywhere, in the office, in front of the TV ? It is also a healthier option compared to chips and crackers, don’t you think so ?
Also, since the World Cup airs in midnight here in Malaysia, these can be little snacks if anyone is hungry at 3am!! Better than a packet of instant noodle too! So I decided to mix 3 nuts, I wanted to mix almond, pecan and walnuts… I thought I had raw walnuts at home, but nope. I had peanuts. So oh well, let’s then make a small batch of this with all 3 nuts.
It’s quite easy and fast. All you do is mix the nuts with raw cane sugar and maple syrup, and some spice like ginger, cinnamon or nutmeg, or even a little cayenne if you want some heat. And in under 30 minutes, they are done!
But you know, if you’re too busy or do not have an oven at home to make this, getting a Father’s Day gift could be easier than you think with Lazada’s delivery. There’s a massive sale going on there in conjunction with Father’s Day for all the superdads, so you see lots of cameras and gadgets and geeky stuffs on sale! Also, if nothing on the sales page catches your eye, you can also use a Lazada voucher for discounts on full price products.
Happy Father’s Day and happy watching the World Cup!!!
- 1 cup raw peanut
- 1 cup raw almond
- 1 cup raw pecans
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 5 tbsp raw cane sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175C. Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly to get the nuts coated evenly. Spread the mixture evenly on a lined tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip the nuts, retossing them in the maple syrup mixture. Bake for another 5-10 munutes or until the sugar bubbles and starts to crisp up on the nuts.
- Remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack for about 2minutes, then break up / separate the nuts before they set completely.
- Once cooled, it will harden.
- Store in an airtight container and snack away!