This is my favourite sandwich (however shape the bread comes in, white or wholemeal bread, or croissant). It’s only better in a croissant because ….. a croissant is bigger and it holds more egg mayo! Don’t you think so ?
This recipe, well, I don’t even call it a recipe. It’s just one of those easy-to-prepare yet comforting type of food you SHOULD already know; boiled egg + mayonnaise, precisely kewpie mayo. And I’m going to give you one tip. Just one. Be generous 😉
- 1 croissant
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 tbsp Kewpie Mayonnaise
- pinch of salt and pepper
- some chopped chives (optional)
- sliced cucumber (also optional)
- Place eggs in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil for 7 minutes. Turn off heat and drain water. Drain eggs under cold water.
- Crack and peel shells off eggs. Chop to dices with a knife, or just smash with a fork.
- Add in mayo, seasoning and some chives if you want.
- Use a egg masher or a fork to mash everything together.
- If you have time, put it in the fridge for a couple of hours. Otherwise sandwich it in any bread of your choice.
- *if 2 eggs are too much for you in 1 croissant, save the leftovers for tomorrow.
I like to put the egg mayo in the fridge overnight and sandwich it only the morning I want to eat it. You would get a hot crispy, flaky, croissant with cold, creamy and rich egg mayo filling. Bon Apetit!