Creating a blog post everyday is not an easy fret especially one still has a full time job. And also I’ve been diligently cooking something with kiwifruit everyday. Ok Not just cooking, but baking and making it into drinks and just slicing them and just popping them into a bed of greens.
Today’s challenge is to try out some of the new recipes from Zespri. You can check out their website http://www.zespri.com.my and look for some very interesting recipes. Like the Spicy Zespri Kiwifruit, Glass Noodle and Chicken Salad.. So I’ve actually been putting sweet recipes using Kiwi, and not much cooking involved. In fact, this one is no different. I fried the boxing chicken in a Philips Air Fryer. Haha
It was just an idea of putting kiwi into a chilli dipping sauce as it then adds sweet and sour to it as well. This little cup, packs a mouthful of flavour; sweet, spicy, sour, and refreshing (as I’ve also added mint) It’s also a good way to use up over ripe kiwifruits that are mushy and soft. I had a few of the green ones that are really soft already, so I had to use them in smoothies, sauces and dips because it’s okay for them to be out of shape. Haha
This dipping sauce can be used with fried calamari, maybe potato wedges or even…. cucur udang Hahaha.. Why not right ?
- 8 mini chicken drumlets
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- tapioca starch and Japanese breadcrumbs for frying
- 2 Zespri Green Kiwifruit
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 2-3 tbsp Lingham Sweet Chili Sauce
- To prepare the chicken - first remove the excess fat, with a sharp knife cut around the thin end of the drumlet til the skin and sinewy bits are separated from the bone.
- Pull the meat down with the help of a knife and you will get a little chicken lollipop. Repeat with the rest of the drumlets.
- Marinade with the rest of the ingredients for 1-2 hours or overnight
- Dip the chicken in tapioca starch and panko.
- Put it in the Air Fryer for 15 minutes at 180 C. Check doneness, it may take another 5 mins, depending on the chicken size
- Cut kiwi into smaller pieces. Mash half of it.
- Roll the mint leaves and slice them thinly (chiffonade)
- Add everything in just mix.
The sauce was actually quite spicy but overall somewhat refreshing because it has lime and mint in it. The mushy kiwifruit adds to its sweetness and tartness.