This month, I’ll be posting some Christmas related recipes, or rather, holiday recipes. Sweet or savoury, main dishes or sides, cookies or drinks.. Some can feed many, some are for smaller families. It won’t be the typical holiday recipes tho, some may have a little twist to it. So do keep an eye and if you have any holiday recipes to share, do.
*Giveaway coming soon…. Stay tuned.
Usually for Christmas, there’s always a roast turkey (or chicken at least). But there are times where you may be on a budget, or maybe you’re just preparing a dinner for two and a turkey is insanely too much! This chicken roulade is not a typical Christmas-y dish, but u get the gist, poultry + stuffings.
Simple to make, yet impressive enough (for people that don’t know how to cook lol) Orange segments are added into the salad, vibrant colours and fresh flavours. You can play around with the stuffings and add some herbs or maybe even some dried cranberries!
Roll them tight!
- 2 pc Chicken breast, halved and butterfly
- 1 pc Chicken ham, finely chopped
- 2 no Button Mushroom, finely chopped
- 4 g Leek, finely chopped
- 4 g Spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp Cream
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 1 bowl Mixed leave salad
- Handful Rockets
- 8 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Orange, cut into segments
- Orange Vinaigrette
- 40 g Orange juice
- 4 g Sunkist orange *optional
- 8 g Red wine vinegar
- 16 g Honey
- Pinch Salt
- Drop Balsamic reduction
- Drop Lemon juice
- Heat pan with a little oil, saute ham, add mushroom followed by leek and spring onion. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Butterfly chicken breast and pound well. Season with salt and pepper. Roll up with filling and wrap with cling film.
- Steam for 12 minutes or until cooked. Let it cool. Remove the cling film.
- Heat oil in a pan, pan fry chicken roulade till brown. This is just for a little colour at the outer layer, so it should only take a couple of minutes.
- Let it rest, cut and serve with Orange Vinaigrette Salad
- Soak salad leaves and rockets in icy cold water.
- Coat cherry tomatoes with olive oil and salt and slow roast for 30 - 45 minutes or until soft.Or you can just use the tomatoes fresh as it is, just cut into halves.
- For the orange vinaigrette, mix together all the ingredients. Marinate orange segments in dressing for a while.
- Serve salad with dressing, orange segments and tomatoes.