*Filler post *
Adapted the recipe from Sonia’s blog. Because I’m a noob in cooking Chinese food that looks complicated but actually it’s very easy. Love the colour contrast between the black and brown shiitake and bright green broccoli. 🙂
2tbsp sesame oil
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tbsp light soy sauce
1tsp Chinese rice wine
¼ tsp salt or to taste
½ tsp sugar
400ml water, or adjust accordingly
Broccoli, add a pinch of salt and a few drops of oil to a pot of boiling water and blanch the broccoli for less than 1minute.
1. Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in water for several hours or until soft, wash thoroughly till water running clear.
2. Heat sesame oil in a wok over medium flame, add in ginger and stir fry till fragrant.
3. Add in water and allow to boil.
4. Add in mushrooms and season with oyster sauce and light soy sauce.
5. Cover and simmer over low flame for about an hour or until gravy is thicken.
6. Last seasoning with salt and sugar, then add in rice wine, and adjust the taste accordingly.
7. Remove mushrooms and arrange on a serving plate, pour gravy over the mushrooms.
8. Garnish with cooked broccoli.
**you may replaced broccoli with other type of vegetables .
*Filler post end*