In my previous beauty post, I wrote about the Butterfly Project Beauty Box that was given for review during the Christmas Dinner Party. Since there are quite a number of products, I have seperated them to 3 posts. The first was about Shizens Lip Tattoo (which I had mixed feelings for), here’s the second one. It’s about, makeup!
There are a number of make up products in the box and I wanted to put it up into a Make Up Beauty post on how you can take your day look to night look with just a few changes.
During the day, I usually have very very minimal make up, usually a SPF moisturizer, a compact foundation, blusher, eyeliner and I will fill up my brows. The coverage is light as I don’t even use concealer. Then if I need to hit the town to meet up with friends or dinner, or attend events, I will put on some eyeshadow, ‘wing’ the eyeliner and put more colour on the lips. Some items I find very hand and useful in the Butterfly Project Beauty Box was the Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner and Spotlight lip gloss (yes, coming from someone who doesn’t use lip gloss)
Starting with a regular day make up with a thin liner and just a dab of lip gloss to perk up the lips.
Now to transform to the night look, make your eyes more piercing by adding a darker shade of eyeshadow and a thicker liner. Give your lips a plumpier look by added a bright colour and a light tint of lip gloss. And you’re ready to hit the town!
Don’t forget to remove your make up and if you have time, put on a moisture boosting mask to nourish your skin after a long day out!
Here are my make up products (From the Butterfly Project Beauty Box) which I used for this post.
1. Maybelline Colour Show Nail Polish in Berry Sexy 004 – This nail lacquer provides no chip nail color straight from the shows. The easy-flow brush provides even nail polish application for an easy at-home manicure. Color Show is the Official Nail Color of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York. Formaldehyde, DBP and Toluene free. Easy to apply but needs at least 2 coat for a bold colour. At the same time, Color Show Nails is our very first breathable nail color! Its formula allows oxygen and air to penetrate the nails, keeping them in the most natural state.
Product: Maybelline Colour Show Nail Polish
Retail Price: Rm9.90+
Available: Selected Watsons, Guardian
2. Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Pop in Pink Shock – From the original Baby Lips formula but now with neon colour. The pink one is in Watermelon flavour (yummy, like candy). Although the pigmentation is light, it’s good cause it is easy to remove after without leaving stains on your lips. Very moisturizing.
Product: Maybelline Baby Lips Electro
Colours Available: Pink Shock, Fierce and Tangy, Berry Bomb, Oh! Orange, Minty Sheer, Strike a Rose
Retail Price: Rm14.90+
Available: Watsons, Guardian
3. Collection Hotlights Lip Gloss – Contains a mirror and A LIGHT for easy application on the go and in dark spaces. Glossy and non sticky at all with shimmering particles for lips that dazzle. If you see in 2 of the pics above, you will see that there’s a bright light when I’m applying the Hotlights Lip Gloss. I was surprised when I opened it. If you need to look for something in your bag and your phone is out of battery, this could come in handy! 😉
Product: Collection Hotlights Lip Gloss
Retail Price: Rm24.90+
4. Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Deep Black – My holy grail liquid eyeliner. I bought 2 in Japan and have actually finished using one. I use it on an almost daily basis and a pen could last me about 3 months. I love that it is ink brush type, making the application to be very easy and smooth. I also love the rich, deep black colour to dramatically highlight the eyes. Water resistance formula and easy wash off formula, long lasting, easy to be removed by warm water.
Product: Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner
Colors Available: Deep Black and Dark Brown.
Retail Price: Rm55.90
Available: Sasa outlets.
5. Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Boosting Mask – I use mask at least 3 times a week and 2 of it will be for moisturizing purposes. Hydraluron moisture boosting masks use a breakthrough next generation 3D timed release hyaluronic acid to provide the perfect solution to dry, dehydrated skin. The mask works to help restore skin’s optimum hydration levels in a sheet form that adds a relaxing element and fits easily into your beauty routine. Doesn’t have a strong fragrant nor leaves a sticky feeling on your skin after use.
Product: Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Boosting Mask
Retail Price: Rm10
Available: muse by Watsons outlet
6. Other products from my own stash. NARS Cosmetic Orgasm Blush; A definite cult classic. Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Powder. Urban Decay NAKED Basics; for the eyebrow (yup). Sigma Paris Palette (for night eyeshadow makeup)