this is a continuation of the first part of #100happydays (read my first post here)
because I absolutely don’t keep track (actually I have to refer back) on to how many days I’m at already.. So I’ll do updates on every 10 days 🙂
I started on 12th Feb 2014, and my 100th happy day would be on…… 23rd May 2014 and oh my! it’s just 1 day after my birthday. HAHA, what a coincidence.. So anyway, let’s not look too far.
“The Paradoxical Commandments
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.”
― Kent M. Keith, The Silent Revolution: Dynamic Leadership in the Student Council
After about 3 weeks on this little but BIG project, I realize that it is easier to forgive and let go, and not hold grudge against people or matters that you do not like. remember there is always a choice, a choice to remember the person you hate with full of unease in you, or a choice to be at peace with it and head on for a better day tomorrow.
Next, I’m going to do something different. Rather than just being happy myself, I’ll Pay-it-Forward.
Let’s see what you or me do..
- Open the door for someone.
- Give a helping hand when you see someone carrying alot of stuff.
- Buy a movie ticket for the person behind you in line.
- Pay for someone’s meal behind you at a fast-food drive-thru.
- Help someone with their groceries or bags.
- Drop off a toy or game at a hospital.
- Leave anonymous thank you notes to teachers.
- Invite a friend to the movies or dinner.
- Bring a treat to work to share with your coworkers.
- Donate blood. One pint of blood can save up to three lives. (unfortunately, I can’t)
- Be a courteous driver. Let people merge in front of you.
- Leave encouraging post-it notes in library books and other random places.
…. oh well, let your creativity run wild..
“Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
Follow my feed here or #swee100happydays on Instagram. Or sign up yourself! Here : http://100happydays.com/