Split ends, oh split ends.
Ever wonder how many types of split ends are there ???
I’ve seen all these split ends on my hair, almost all, except for the incomplete split, thickening and white spots.
There are wide range of reasons why split ends occur. Some causes include:
- Excessive use of hot styling tools (irons, hot curlers, blow dryers, hot combs).
- Overuse of chemical treatments (relaxers, perms, hair color).
- Excessive use of styling products such as gels, waxes and sprays or any with alcohol.
- Environmental damage from heat, cold, wind and other climate issues.
- Lack of routine maintenance such as regular trimming.
- Improper detangling techniques.
- Use of inferior hair care products.
- Use of inferior styling tools that rip or snag hair (cheap synthetic brushes or combs, brush rollers, etc.,).
- Shower hard water, ocean salt water, pools & spas chlorine, UV rays.
Here’s some help from Ma Cherie by Shiseido; End Cure Milk.
End Cure Milk is a hair treatment that intensively repairs split ends by replenishing the nutrients needed by hair. The non-rinse treatment is best applied only on hair ends to achieve more concentrated enrichment. It smells very floral and romantic, just like other Ma Cherie hair products.
I’ve decided to put it to test on my damaged and bleached hair. Well, I wasn’t exactly hoping it would miraculously cure my spilt ends because, my hair is severely damaged that a hair cut would be better, and I never believed any product would cure split end for good. Like once your hair is split, it’s split. But I’m hoping it would prevent and not make it worse.
Well, uhm yeah that’s my hair. I only wash my hair 2 to 3 times a week. That’s about as frizzy as it can get.
The product recommends to use on either semi dry or dry hair, but I find it better to use on towel / semi dried hair. When I apply it as it is on dried hair, it makes my hair texture crispy (that’s the best word to describe it) So anyway, I’ve used a couple of times on towel dried hair, it works better for me.
The texture is more creamy and milky, non-oily, hence it doesn’t make my hair oily. I do, however, ONLY apply at the ends where the split ends are mostly concentrated at.
After application, sometimes I would blow dry my hair. In this case, because I had a wedding to attend the next day, I had to blow dry my hair for more volume. But I don’t exactly dry entirely. I always leave it at about 80% dry because I would have been sweating in the bathroom by then HAHA
Verdict? I would say, it’s not too bad for split ends. It smells seriously good and floral. One thing I did not like was how I cannot use it on dried hair. My ends are bleached so results may differ on each individual.
Ma Cherie products are available at Guardian and Wellness Aeon (Jusco) outlets. The End Cure Milk cos RM39.90 for 100ml.
Read my previous post about Ma Cherie here http://thesweetspot.com.my/?p=6142