Wow, its that time of the year again for the Big Bad Wolf Sale! You can read about last year’s haul, here.
This time its held in Mines International Exhibition Convention Centre MIECC, Serdang. The place is kinda huge with ample parking space. And you can also drive up to the lobby entrance to pick up your books after purchasing, so it’s a win! Air conditioning was good.
The official opening days to public are 7 to 23 December 2012. Good time for Christmas gift shopping! Opening times are 9am to 9pm. On the first 3 days, they will be open for 63 hours straight!! that;s right, SIXTY THREE FREAKING HOURS from 6.30am on 7th all the way to 9,30pm on 9th December. So, ample of time, just plan it right then you will avoid the crowd (and traffic)
I actually had a preview day pass, so I went on the 6th. There weren’t many people so I guess it was good lah, dont need to squeeze with people. I think they have 30 cashier counters so I didnt had to queue either when I wanted to pay. Floor staffs were quite good; I don’t know lah, its the first day….
So, let’s see what are the do’s if you’re planning to go to the BBW sale.
1. Bring a trolley or luggage; if you have. They actually have a book storage area where you can just keep safe your books there while you browse for others, and keep it all the way till you are ready to pay. Then while at the cashier (you can ask fr help if they can help u carry the books from the book storage area to the cashier if you don’t have a trolley), pay, and at the exit, the ground staffs can help you to push the books out to the lobby drop off, then you just need to go to the carpark, get your car and drive up to the lobby and pick up your books! So…. actually, I didnt bring a trolley la, and I didnt had to carry the books, only maybe 20 steps…
2. Wear comfy shoes. and clothes.
3. If you’ve taken a book and you dont wanna buy it, please put it back where you took it from, or at least near… It makes it easier for the next person to find it.
4. Bring some water in your hand bag if you’re expecting to spend many hours in there.
5. Be courteous and don’t push around if there’s a crowd. There are 3 million books, they wont run away.
6. Check the books for any torn pages or cover before buying them.
7. Check publication date (well, this is just me. Sometimes I like to know when was the book first published.)
I would say in general it’s pretty good. There were alot of floor staffs and they are all quite friendly. The books are organized in sections… But for fictions, they arrange it by the last name of the author.. if you’re looking for it, just spend some time figuring out which direction the arrangement goes, then you’ll be able to figure out easily.. I’m not that into fiction, I only got 1 fiction anyway…
Other than that, they have photography, travel, self help, business, cookery, young adult, children, sport, arts & craft, errrr and lots more ….
SO much books! it’s ridiculous!!! Well I’m most of the time only interested in the cookery section, so I usually spend most time there. Probably 70 minutes there and 30 mins elsewhere in the entire hall. This time there are alot more cookbooks, but lesser baking books that I would like…. Mmmm there are alot of baking books la, just that it doesn’t interest me…
Desserts by the Yard (right picture)… its quite a good book and don’t forget to pick it if you’re there. I got mine many years ago … sooo ….. I didn’t buy la …
My 2 carton of books …. I gotta say, i bought much more compared to last year…. (and also spent more la)
In total for 25 books and 1 mini loaf pan and 3 magazines, were RM 473, so if you work it out, it’s lesser than RM 20 per book on average. Ya … not kidding…
Tadah, my stack of books. Oh dear, how come they’re all in the same colour shade, except for 2-3 books.. Haha goodness… There are a few more non cookery related..
I hope they add new books halfway through the sale, so I have an excuse to go back for round 2. But if they’re not adding, then I probably have gotten enough books…I would say, they had more quality baking books last year compared to this.. Jamie Olive and Nigella Lawson’s titles just made up for the lack of quality baking books..
anyway, I did a video on my shopping haul …. Hahaha omg it’s a very impromptu thing. Like, 1-2am in the morning I just kinda took all the books out, and took a video. So I kinda don’t know what to say… Pardon my ……… speech … HAHAHA wtf
Actually in the video, I missed out on 1 book, and towards the end, my memory card ran out of space, so I didn’t exactly say bye bye …. and its a almost 15 minutes video. Lol… Ok la some parts are quite silly la, I also laughed at myself LOL
Check out what other books I have in my bookshelves… here!