Holidays are just near by (It could be holidays for some since school has started it’s sem break), but wait, I’m talking about Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays. I don’t celebrate any of it from any religious point of view, but any holidays like these, just calls for celebration and a table full of yummy spread of food! From the traditional roast turkey with stuffings to, maybe some not so traditional center piece dishes such as salmon en croute, wellingtons, roast pork, or roast chicken. That would be the savoury dishes. How about sweets? Yule logs, gingerbread houses and holiday cookies! Isn’t it fun when there so much food on the table to be shared with your family and loved ones. I’m sure it does.
So, being a ‘food’ blogger, I have a few of my favourite recipes that I like to make over and over again. And there are also some times (most of the time) I like to try something new. If you have a favourite recipe for a holiday cookie, you’re in luck! Now we know sharing is caring, and bloggers like to share their recipes on their blog so others can make it and enjoy it wherever they are. You can now share your recipe with SweetSpot Marina Bay Sands, and stand a chance to win a stay in Marina Bay Sands Hotel AND raise funds for a charity. This is the season of giving, they said.
Here’s how it goes.
1. Pick your best holiday cookie recipe (actually you can submit more than 1) along with a short description or story behind your creation and submit it to Marina Bay Sands SweetSpot Charity Cookie Contest FB page (T&C here) from now till 26th Nov 2012
2. The top three recipes will be selected by an in-house judging team comprised of Marina Bay Sands Executive Chef, Christopher Christie, Executive Pastry Chef, Ryan Witcher, and Metta School graduates now working at Marina Bay Sands.
3. These 3 cookies, will then be made (into sample size) and be available for testings in from 29 November to 2 December 2012. Anybody can go, have a sample and vote for their favourite cookie. The prize will be awarded to the cookie recipe with the most votes at the end of the voting period. The voting booths will be located outside the SweetSpot outlets at Hotel Lobby (Tower 3) and Level 1 of the Sands Expo® and Convention Center.
4. All voters will stand a chance to win a $100 SweetSpot Voucher, while the creator of the winning cookie will win a stay at Marina Bay Sands Hotel.
5. The winning cookie will be sold at SweetSpot outlets located at Tower 3, Hotel Atrium and the Sands Expo and Convention Center, Level 1 from 7–31 December. All proceeds go to Metta School, a special needs school for children with learning disabilities, and a Marina Bay Sands’ Designated Charity.
* Tho the voting only takes part in MBS Singapore, anybody can submit their entry.
So get baking!
PS : Saying so, please have some integrity on submitting YOUR OWN recipe, not taken from someone else’s blog or website and claim its yours.