Doraemon’s food? hehe Well, why does Doraemon likes to eat dorayaki ? anyone has a story? Or is it just because, it sounds similar? Hehe. This Japanese confection consists of 2 small pancake-like patties and sandwiched with azuki / red brean paste. IT’s much thicker compared to the American pancakes.
So for the red bean paste. I didn’t really use a recipe for it. There are a few ways to do it. One, buy ready made ones outside. Two, if you have left over red bean soup, just boil it till it thickens and mash some of the beans. Three, soak red beans over night, discard water and put to boil. When it starts to soften, you can add some sugar to sweetened it. Mash some of the beans, not all, to leave a bit of texture
(Makes 4-5 pieces)
60g caster sugar
2 tbsp honey
80g plain flour
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp milk
1. In a bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and honey till well combined.
2. Add in dry ingredients and whisk lightly.
3. Add in milk and stir well to combine.
4. Leave the batter to rest for 30 minutes.
5. Heat non stick pan, then drop a palm size dollop into it.It cooks quite similar to American pancakes, there will be small bubbles appearing on top indicating that it’s cooked at the bottom. Flip over and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
6. Continue with the rest of batter. Spread red bean paste and sandwich both pancakes.
Serve this for tea or …… breakfast ? hahaa